Saturday 20 June 2009

The best kept secret of a happy bride on her wedding day: DELEGATE!



To all those brides out there who are stressing about every big and little issue while preparing for your upcoming nuptials –

First of all, please give yourself a pat on the back. Planning a wedding is hard and you deserve to take some time out to treat yourself for all of the time, emotion and effort it takes to plan a wedding, whether you are planning it on your own, with your family and friends or working with a planner - organizing a wedding can be tons of fun but is still a difficult task and you need to be good to yourself.

Second, there are ways to help yourself out as your big day draws nearer. After planning my wedding for a year and a half, I decided to take some key advice from my FAB (Friend and Bridesmaid) who suggested that I make the most of my wedding party. And so I did.

The month before my wedding I sat down and figured out what last minute details needed to be managed and sorted out the week of my wedding, including the To Do’s for the big day. I then divided up responsibilities amongst all of my bridesmaids as well as their dates and my groom-to-be, of course. Everyone was happy to help and excited to be part of the wedding.

Just remember, delegating is not your opportunity to turn on your inner bridezilla - it is just a chance for you to ask your friends and groom for a bit of help when you most need it, whether you would like someone to accompany you to your final appointments, have your groom be responsible for all last minute details with your wedding venue or ask a few of your nearest and dearest to help you get ready on your big day.


By delegating the major responsibilities of the day, you will be able to sit back, relax and enjoy your wedding day without all the last minute logistical worries so that you can focus on the most important parts of the day – saying your vows to your fiancé and having a fabulous time celebrating with your family and friends!

So all I have to say to you is “Delegate! Delegate! Delegate!” – your friends and family are there for you so trust them to relieve some of the pressure on your big day so that you can have the time of your life…

No comments:

Post a Comment