Monday 30 November 2009

MAX – An intimate Italian to celebrate your engagement

Back in 2001 before I moved to Europe, a friend took me to a cozy little Italian restaurant in the East Village that was absolutely charming with scrumptious homemade dishes. I never knew the name so I wasn’t able to return to the restaurant until a serendipitous moment last night.

Wandering around downtown New York yesterday evening, my husband, Michal, and I had the pleasure of happening upon Max, a warm, candlelit, rustic Italian restaurant in Tribeca, New York City. The environment was so inviting and the menu had loads of classic Italian pasta and meat dishes that we adore - we just had to walk in.

With a great, affordable menu and a wonderful wine list with servers who really know their wines, this restaurant seemed to be a transplant straight from the cobblestoned streets of the Trastevere district in Rome.

After taking a bite of my Lasagna Fatta in Casa (homemade lasagna) with delicious béchamel sauce, I knew that I had been there before. It wasn’t déjà vu, it was the simple fact that Max was the Italian resto that I had adored so many years before. Not only do they have a restaurant in Tribeca, but there is one in the East Village as well.

Max is a wonderful, warm Italian restaurant that would be great for an engagement party if you are looking to have a sit down dinner to celebrate your upcoming nuptials with your nearest and dearest. The restaurants are rather small so they would be perfect for an engagement party of about 20 or more people.

So if you and your groom love great homemade Italian food, exposed brick walls, candlelight and amazing wines, definitely take a look at Max for your upcoming engagement party. Max is the perfect spot for long suppers filled with romance and good conversation.

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment